Polkadot (DOT) permits the transfer of any sort of data or asset across blockchains, not only tokens. Connecting to Polkadot (DOT) allows users to interact with a wide range of blockchains in the Polkadot (DOT) network. Polkadot (DOT) is notable for its ability to update without hard forks in order to integrate new features or address errors. Network upgrades are organized on-chain and carried out independently. This guarantees that Polkadot’s (DOT) growth matches its community’s beliefs. It also ensures that Polkadot (DOT) does not become stagnant.
T-Systems MMS, a subsidiary of German telecoms behemoth Deutsche Telekom, has joined up with Polkadot (DOT).
Key points from the T-Systems MMS announcement include:
- T-Systems MMS participates with its infrastructure in securing and maintaining the Polkadot network.
- Deutsche Telekom subsidiary acquires DOT tokens.
- T-Systems MMS promotes secure communication between blockchains.
- For the provision and secure operation of the infrastructure, the Deutsche Telekom subsidiary will use the Open Telekom Cloud.
- The independence of the Open Telekom Cloud supports the decentralization and thus the resilience of the blockchain network.
- Polkadot is a heterogeneous, multi-chain network allowing various blockchains of different characteristics to perform arbitrary, cross-chain communication under shared security.
- We fully believe in this future vision of a connected world.
The release, however, did not specify how many DOT tokens T-Systems MMS had acquired.
T-Systems MMS is not the only company that today owns digital assets. Tesla is one of the largest publicly traded corporations in the United States, and it owns a significant quantity of cryptocurrency. According to one story published this summer, 34 publicly traded firms possessed more than 213,000 Bitcoins (BTC) as of June 28th, 2021. The Bitcoin (BTC) holdings of 12 US firms accounted for about 90% of the total.
When you examine the aggregate worth of Bitcoin (BTC) holdings stated above, it’s no wonder that authorities are abuzz.
Just this week, the 117th Congress introduced 35 crypto-related laws, according to press reports. This follows the Bank of England’s comments last week about the need for a global framework. The Bank of England stated in research that a significant drop in crypto asset prices may drive institutional investors to liquidate other financial assets, potentially causing shocks to spread across the financial system.
Polkadot (DOT) Price Movement
Polkadot (DOT) was down 10.08 percent to $27.84 at the time of writing, with a market valuation of $27.74 billion. Polkadot (DOT) was ranked #10 on CoinMarketCap by market capitalization.
Polkadot (DOT) reached an all-time high of $55.05 in early November before dropping down to pre-October levels.